Therapy Services Overview
Since beginning our practice in 2007, the therapists of Pediatric Speech Therapy Associates has built an exemplary reputation in the pediatric community. Our group is well respected for its experienced and compassionate therapists who strive for success with each child they work with. Being privately owned by a Speech-Language Pathologist allows us to maintain strong focus on patients and their families. Housing multiple disciplines allows us to evaluate and treat all areas of concern. Our therapists have direct input to our policies and programs to the benefit of our children and their families. Because our therapists and their own families are valued, Pediatric Speech Therapy Associates’ therapists tend to have a long tenure with the company, creating consistency for the children they serve and a vast amount of experience and expertise. Our clinicians are passionate about learning and participate in extensive and on-going continuing education that is instrumental in the development of an evidenced-based, best practice.
Pediatric Speech Therapy Associates uses a combination of structured and play-based therapy alongside a sensorimotor approach to help children achieve developmental milestones and maximize their functional potential. Our therapists work with families, schools, and other community professionals to exchange information and provide consistency in building a functional therapeutic routine. Our creative groups and programs provide your child with wonderful opportunities for typical childhood experiences that build self-esteem and encourage social/emotional development. Our therapists are passionate about helping families find joy in the journey of raising their children!
Benefits of Outpatient Therapy:
- Pediatric Speech Therapy Associates’ outpatient clinic feature a wide variety of equipment (such as swings, ball pools, sensory stations, oral-motor tools, etc…) and therapeutic materials designed to help your child achieve their goals in a fun and exciting way.
- Speech Therapy works to improve your child’s articulation, understanding and use of language, fluency, vocal quality and feeding swallowing. We focus on skills for school readiness and work with you to develop a family centered plan of care.
- Families are always involved in creating a child’s plan of care for therapy.
- Clinic and small group settings provide opportunities for children to work on goals while playing and learning alongside children with similar challenges. Our groups address both speech-language and fine motor skills, and are facilitated by a Speech Pathologist and Occupational Therapist.
- Attending therapy within the clinic setting encourages children to practice life-skills (transition skills, safety within the community, dressing, simple meal preparation, etc.) in a safe and encouraging environment.
- In the outpatient clinic environment, our families have access to many skilled therapists in our collaborative multi-disciplinary atmosphere.
- Parents and caregivers enjoy the comfort of our waiting room, and have the opportunity for support and collaboration with other parents.